I am very much waiting for a UK library to be built up before I jump into PlusSpec. Still very excited.
To give you a list of manufacturers/standards here in the UK that I use regularly, see below:
Steel - check out http://sketchup.engineeringtoolbox.com
. They have everything you need when it comes to standard sections, they have basically done all the work for you. They specify which country each standard comes from.
Timber - we generally use European standards for timber section sizes. You do still find imperial section sizes written in mm (eg 89x38mm [i think]).
Masonry - brick is 215x102.5x65, with 10mm mortar joints. Concrete blocks follow European standards.
Concrete lintels - Naylor
- Celotex - PIR insulation manufacturers used a lot
- kingspan - mostly Irish, but also used in UK
- Rockwool mineral wool insulation manufacturers
- British Gypsum - I haven't seen any plasterboard elsewhere
- Shueco - for aluminium doors
- Olsen - timber glazed doors
For further standards, I strongly suggest you purchase "architect's pocket book" by Charlotte Baden-Powell et al. It has everything you need written in a concise manner.
I hope you build it up soon! I'd love to start using it!