Other window customization questions

Post your discussions and questions about PlusSpec here.

Moderator: Daniel

Other window customization questions

Postby mytamhuyet » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:14 pm

I have a design that requires a gothic headed window. I used the semi circular window from components, but it's not what I'm after. I don't have much experience making dynamic components, but could I alter that one? What is the easiest way to get one that cuts the hole in the wall?

Also, with other plugins one can set the # of window panes, divided by mullions/muntins. Is that the same question as was recently posted here? To which was answered:
mytamhuyet

Re: Other window customization questions

Postby Grant » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:14 am

Hi mytamhuyet,

Thank you for your post.

If you're using a newer version of PlusSpec (v18.0 or above) there are new Window & Door Tools which allow different shaped windows (similar to the one you're after) to be added into a wall. In the latest version (v19.0) there were changes so these tools along with all the other tools work more efficiently and quicker than before. For any option that can't be done in the dialog (like the gothic head), we recommend to use whichever window is closest to the result you're after (in this case it'll be the 'Arch' window), then draw in the detailed header feature using SketchUp tools.

I'm not able to see the post you're referring to, however, there are some window types (e.g. the 'Custom' window) in the Window Tool that allow the number of horizontal and vertical panels to be entered, which will be spaced out evenly. There are also some options in the Door Tool.

Would you be able to please let me know if the above works for you?
Kind Regards,
Grant
Grant
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion and Questions