Edit window/door problem ... still

Post any found bugs here.

Moderator: Daniel

Edit window/door problem ... still

Postby Dawson » Thu May 10, 2018 2:21 am

Hi There,

I have been looking forward to this new version and the changes to the window and door tools, hoping it would solve my window editing problem. But now not only is it still doing it (it was only an issue in in one of the edit windows previously), now I can't change anything as causes SketchUp hang. So I've just resorted to deleting the window and redoing it every time there is a change. Time consuming and tedious!

I have found it all to be a bit laggy. When I start moving windows, editing walls, it takes quite a while for the system to catch back up. I don't think this is the computer not keeping up.

We haven't solved this yet, but maybe there's always hope...

Later,

Dawson
Dawson

Re: Edit window/door problem ... still

Postby Grant » Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi Dawson,

Thank you for your email.

Would you be able to please let me know if this still happens if you install the latest version (v18.3)?

Also, if you have 'Outliner' open or active in SketchUp I'd recommend to close it until it's needed as this will cause some lag when editing walls and windows & doors.
Kind Regards,
Grant
Grant
Site Admin

Postby Dawson » Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Grant,

No, it still happens. And no, I don't have outliner open. never have really.

Dawson
Dawson

Postby Dawson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:36 am

Hi again,

I just thought I'd touch on this again. Is anyone else having this problem? I find the whole things is getting clogged up somehow. After some time of doing what should be expected: editing walls, moving windows, updating, the whole operation starts getting slow and laggy. This is without editing windows or doors as I know that's a problem, for me anyway. I can only do one and then have to restart SketchUp. As I see it this is what we are paying for here, but it doesn't seem to be keeping up. This is new (not the window and door part) since the new version. What's changed for the slower?

Thanks,

Dawson
Dawson

Postby SketchHouse » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Dawson, I also have this problem. No matter what I edit, it hangs. Outliner is not in tray. Running latest version of SU and Plusspec.
SketchHouse

Postby Dawson » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:17 pm

Greetings! Well, after a couple years now of trying to figure it out, and with the PlusSpec team with me to help, it seems to have resolved itself! I don't know what's different, but it seems good now. I'll post more if it changes.

Here's hoping it stays good! And good luck to you Sketchhouse, Wish I could advise you as to what might help. Maybe get them to help figure it out, and it will fix itself...

Dawson
Dawson

Postby Zach » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 am

Hi Dawson and SketchHouse,

It seems to me as the window lag problem could be a conflict between other plugins as we rarely hear this issue. The best way to deal with is to turn the other plugins off one by one and test the speed. If you find this rectifies the issue let us know which plugin was conflicting and we will try to talk with the developer and rectify.

Thanks for commenting.
Zach
Site Admin

Return to Bugs