Dincel pricing takeoff

How do i adjust pricing for Dincel when i have different lengths in my model. I want the pricing to show accurately in the takeoff. Cheers

Hi hamishhhcs,

Thank you for your post.

To assign prices to anything in PlusSpec you will need to select the object(s) first (you can assign a price to everything to the model at once if everything is selected), then select the Pricing Tool and enter the values. For the Dincel items there are measurements for the length and area of the walls as well as all the components that make up the Dincel wall.

If you need to contact Dincel to get their prices, the link to their website is below.

http://www.dincel.com.au/

Would you be able to please let me know if this works for you?

Thanks Grant

I tried it using a Dincel wall of 2.85m high and one of 4m high. No issue if just using a /m2 price but if I want to price each panel individually I have problems ie. a 2.85m panel is $150 and a 4m panel is $200. Every time i select a Dincel object in the model and adjust its price that adjustment flows across all Dincel products with the same name regardless of their height. Cheers. Hamish

Hi Hamish,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will pass it onto the development team for further testing.

I will keep you posted with how they go.

Dincel is working with us to create a better tool for our users, we will be commencing stage 2 development this month.

Hi

I have just started using Plus Spec and have been going through the process of building a small space to learn and test everything. This does not say I know everything about the extension. Still working through the details so I go can go back to detailing an 11,800 m2 site low impact sustainable apartment complex with integrated energy systems. It should save a lot of time and get the results quicker so it is much more practical to test different layouts

I am now at the takeoff stage.

The issues:

1. Does not include all pricing into takeoff when using the component tool and then using pricing tool. Gives you the total number but does not include pricing. Same occurs with standard plusSpec items

2. The output to excel does not work. If it does where does it put it? It should ask where the file name and a location. Would be great to have it work so I can use my own project format and so I can also have a summary schedule for each item. You spend time checking to make sure all prices are correct and included. With a schedule, you can see at a glance what is in the file

Regard
Ian Cleland

Iandra-SUCH Type-No.jpg

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your post.

I responded to your enquiries below.

1. I’ve done some testing on this and got prices for components to appear in the Takeoff. Would you be able to please take a screen recording (please attach it to a post or send an email to support@rubysketch.com) of the process you’re taking so I can see what the issue might be?

2. Thank you for your feedback in relation to the output to excel. This function should be working fine, however I will take this back to our development team for further discussion and update you on any progress.

Guys we know of an isolated issue when exporting to excel, we have now added export to CSV. Essentially the export can be opened by any program from Notepad, to Excel or even Google sheets. I do hope this helps resolve your issue SUCH. The majority of our users will not experience this as it has something to do with the version of Excel and the way it has been installed from what we can gather… Unfortunately, we can not replicate the issue in the office. PlusSpec17 has it taken care off & we are dangerously close to releasing.
Guys, it is really helpful when you add screen shots here. Thanks for posting. :slight_smile:

Hi there, I have also been wondering where the excel file goes. I just tried the csv option which did the same thing: nothing. I click the button on the take-off and nothing happens. Does it just put the file somewhere I don’t know?

Thanks,

Dawson

Hi Dawson,

Thank you for your post.

I’ve tried the export csv feature on a few computers in the office but I wasn’t able to replicate the issue.

By default the file should download to the ‘Downloads’ folder on you computer (unless it’s been changed in your computer settings) but you can also go to the ‘Downloads’ page on your web browser (I know on Chrome you can press ‘Ctrl + J’ for Windows computers to display this page) which is normally located somewhere at the top right of your browser.

Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue you’re having? If it doesn’t, would you be able to please let me know what browser you’re using and what happens after you click the ‘Export CSV’ button?

Hi Grant, I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I’m on a Mac. When I click either excel or csv neither give any indication of doing anything. There is nothing in the general downloads directory. Is there a place in PlusSpec to define where they go?

Dawson

Hi Dawson,

Thank you for your post. My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Be default it should be downloaded into your ‘Download’ folder unless it’s been changes on you computer to go somewhere else.

Would you be able to please let me know what browser you’re using? There are some browsers that have issues exporting the takeoff data but it should always work on Google Chrome. If you download and install Chrome does it fix the issue you’re having? I’ve put the link to download it below.

https://www.google.com.au/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html