PLUS-SPEC V16.3.5 Problem

Hi PLUS-SPEC team,

RE:PLUS-SPEC V16.3.5 Problem

I just downloaded the above latest version & have encountered a problem. It all seems to load o.k. including the material library, however when I close the PLUS-SPEC welcome screen, either top right ‘red x’ or even the bottom ‘blue close’ button, it closes SKETCHUP as well … :unamused: :cry:

Therefore need a fix on this pdq.

Over & out,
Clayton.

Hi Clayton,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds to me that there may have been an issue with the install as I’m not able to replicate the issue in SketchUp 16 or 17 on Windows and Mac. What I would recommend to do is try downloading and installing it again and see if that fixes the issue.

Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue you’re having?

Hi Grant,

I downloaded both PLUS-SPEC file versions again, the .exe install & the .rbz

I used the new SU 2017 extension manager to remove PLUS-SPEC first, but the same thing happened on both files. I removed PLUS-SPEC again, then rebooted my PC, then installed PLUS-SPEC again with the .rbz file, I closed the PLUS-SPEC welcome screen & SU remained on :slight_smile: . I then closed SU & restarted SU again, after the PLUS-SPEC welcome screen checked the status, I closed the welcome screen, however it did the same thing & closed SU as well. :unamused: :unamused: :angry:

I’m at a bit of a loss on what to do next. I can minimize the welcome screen & work o.k. with SU but not too sure how long this will be o.k. for. The minimized welcome screen also resides over SU info area, so not all that good. Any further ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Over & out,
Clayton.

Hi Clayton,

I haven’t come across this issue before but it appears as though it may be a SketchUp issue. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling SketchUp and then reinstalling PlusSpec again?

Would you be able to please let me know if that fixes the issue you’re having?

Hi Grant,

I did a clean-up of my PC, as I often do with ‘CCleaner’ then I did a complete system virus scan. This picked up one ‘Mal-ware’-Trojan-virus, so this was deleted. Prior to this, I removed PLUS-SPEC. I then rebooted my PC & loaded PLUS-SPEC again. This I’ve learned seems to be o.k. i.e. the PLUS-SPEC welcome screen I can close & SU17 remains on. However if I close SU17 & then return later & try to close the PLUS-SPEC welcome screen, it again closes SU17… :frowning: :angry: :imp: :smiling_imp: .

I guess I will need to uninstall SU17 & reinstall it again, along with all my other extensions & screen setup. This takes sometime to do, as I have quite few extensions. I was wondering, is there a quicker way to do this, or do I have to re-load everything again. :help-tool:

Over & out,
Clayton

Hi Clayton,

This is a really weird issue that I’ve not heard of or come across before.

The only thing that I can recommend to try is to just reinstall SketchUp (without uninstalling it) and see if that fixes the error when you try to replicate it. If the error still occurs then you will need to uninstall then reinstall SketchUp and unfortunately reinstall your extensions.

Would you be able to please let me know if that fixes the issue you’re having?

Hi Grant,

Yes, weird indeed, however fingers crossed, I think I’ve cracked it.

I first tried the SU-Pro17 reinstall over the existing installation, this is actually marked as ‘REPAIR’ but still the same problem.
I then uninstalled SU-Pro17 from the SU interface & was taken to SU HQ asking me why, the usual mini survey.
I then did a system CClean & registry clean-out & PC reboot.
I then reinstalled SU-Pro17, however this part I thought odd, as SU didn’t ask me for the license info & even stranger, all the icon tools for the extensions loaded as well ?
I then closed the PLUS-SPEC welcome screen & …darn-it… the same problem.
I then uninstalled SU-Pro17 from the Windows-Pro control panel & saw down the list the SU-PODIUM EXTENSION, this I also uninstalled.
I then did another system CClean & registry clean-out & PC reboot.
I then reinstalled SU-Pro17, however again, SU didn’t ask me for the license info & again loaded the icon tools for my extensions, apart from SU-PODIUM EXTENSION.
I then closed the PLUS-SPEC welcome screen & …SU-Pro remained on. :smiley: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:
Given the previous one-off’s, whereby on a second opening of SU-Pro & closing the the PP-welcome screen also resulted in the same issue. I made sure by doing this three times & after a PC reboot.
The only conclusion I can draw from all this is that there seemed to be an issue with the SU-PODIUM EXTENSION, so for now, I’ll leave that one aside

So far SU-Pro17+PLUS-SPEC seems stable, I’ve yet to do some actual paying work with SU-Pro, but need to soon & hope all will be back to normal.

Over & out
Clayton.

Hi Clayton,

It appears to me as though it’s still a SketchUp issue but that extension may have been what was conflicting with PlusSpec and creating the issue. I will take your findings back to the development team so they can do some further testing. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

What you’ve done is what I would recommend to do by turning off the extension till it’s needed but then turn it off again before you close and exit out of SketchUp.

Would be be able to please let me know if the issue occurs again?