Auto-Label / Part Numbers

Is take off just good enough to give an estimate or actually generate an accurate cut to size / assembly / item list?

So I generate a framing plan with plusspec, take off the components. Size is important but so are labels. How do I get to number each component and then auto label in layout? For instance.

So, one can:

1. Generate a plan in layout with component labels / part no etc. Do not want to do this manually.
  2. Generate a take off with associated components / sizes / labels etc
  3. Cut to Size using take off
  4. Label each component
  5. Look at the layout with all components labelled
  6. Assemble the frame based on the labels

I would like to have it so that if you have 5 joists the same size:

You can group them together and output like this:

J5 - J10 3400 or
J5 3400

Bearers would have different labels such as B1 and alike.

Hi Rubicaprojects,

Currently, PlusSpec is more for the estimate side-of-things. However, we have had several requests for this feature. We have passed it on to our development team. Thank you for your suggestion, and for being a proactive voice on the Forum. Keep up the good work, and we hope that you are enjoying PlusSpec!

The best thing about being part of the PlusSpec movement is that you can influence the future of PlusSpec. At PlusSpec, we take the time to listen to what our customers want. We value feedback, and we encourage our users to voice their ideas and suggestions, so that we can implement the features and tools that our users could only dream of.