Hi Andrew, thank you for your reply.
For the question at hand I am using PlusSpec for a residential remodeling project:
- to draw an existing structure including exterior and interior detailing
- to add/move walls, doors, etc. within the existing shell
In supplement to PlusSpec, I have and need to add specific detailed geometry:
- custom designed cabinets specific to the project
- custom designed trim (casing, base, etc.) specific to the project
- custom interior sofit specific to the project
- custom designed exterior fence
In summary, I am using SketchUp, PlusSpec, and additional extensions to:
- design/detail clients requests
- illustrate proposals to client
- quantify/illustrate new work and existing structure to subcontractors
- quantify materials
- produce drawings as/if needed
Obviously there is much more than listed, however I hope this helps in definition.
I look forward to Grants follow up.