PlusSpec current full version

To PlusSpec HQ,

I recently downloaded what I thought to be the new current full release version of PlusSpec. (8.97MB 27th Feb 2015) However the tool bar still says Pre-release. I also thought the welcome interface to PlusSpec would be now updated to tell me what version it is, however this seems the same as pre-release versions, i.e. no version details. Therefore please can you clarify these matters as now slightly confused of what version I have… :confused:

Regards,
Clayton Taylor

I have the same problem, no matter what link I download from it is still the prerelease version - and there seems to be very slow response from the developers on these forums?.

Hi Guys,

We are very sorry about this. There was a mix up when PlusSpec 2015 was released.

This is now completely fixed and PlusSpec 2015 is now 100% ready to be downloaded. Please download PlusSpec again and this time I promise you will recieve PlusSpec 2015.

Enjoy!
Kind Regards
Dean

Hi Dean,

O.k. just re-downloaded & tool bar now says PlusSpec 2015 & the Welcome interface apart from the “all-is good” at the bottom says up to date. I reckon you’ll eventually have to list down the actual versions customers have & perhaps this will also prompt users if a more up to date version exists for download. My name by the way on the License Holder part is spelt wrong, not too sure how I alter that. My login details on your website still says I’m using the Pre-release version, I trust this will be also updated soon.

Apart from a few teething issues, I hope we can now start using PlusSpec for real projects hear in the UK, since purchased back in April 2014. Our main concern as previously discussed in detail has always been to allow the user make their own layered main elements of construction for roofs, walls & floors & even associated items such as doors/windows & stairs etc.

For example, cavity walls:-

The ability to vary any cavity/wall leaf width, cavity width, with or without insulation or insulation on the inside as dry-lining together with height. As pointed out previously, they don’t need to be represented by a visual material, just a stand by colour until an appropriate visual material can be sourced & inputted by the user. Then saved in a users library, this would also go for all the other building elements. Furthermore if these could be separated & saved in a folder, there would be a great market potential in element library sharing.

On the pricing side, if costs can be linked to just areas, linear lengths etc. the user should be able to adjust things for their own use.

In essence, the above flexibility will prove invaluable use for our UK projects, so I hope some of this is in the new version.

Over & out,
Clayton

Hi Clayton,

Sorry about the inconvenience before with the update. There have been talks about implementing a list that tells you how many updates you have missed but this may be in the next version.

PlusSpec 2015 is now almost completly customisable. Cavitys can be changed to any width of your desire, walls can have any width or height and you can even create foundation walls. If you want to not present them as a material you can change the layer colour or can add a colour to the material colour for your selected insulation wall. Insulation walls can also be removed. All changes made are saved to your personal library. Currently librarys cant be shared but there are talks about implementing this into the next coming version/update.

We are trying to make PlusSpec as customisable as possible so that all countries with all differen’t specifications can use PlusSpec to build real houses in there countries and areas. We hope that with our customisation we have done enough so that you can create build able UK Projects.

Please try using PlusSpec 2015 and watch our updated beginner and advanced tutorials and please send an email to dean@rubysketch.com with your feed backand how we can improve to help you.

Kind Regards
Dean

[quote=“Dean”]
Hi Clayton,

Sorry about the inconvenience before with the update. There have been talks about implementing a list that tells you how many updates you have missed but this may be in the next version. Yes, this needs to be done on the welcome screen somewhere, sort of basic stuff serious users would expect.

PlusSpec 2015 is now almost completly customisable. Cavitys can be changed to any width of your desire, walls can have any width or height and you can even create foundation walls. If you want to not present them as a material you can change the layer colour or can add a colour to the material colour for your selected insulation wall. Insulation walls can also be removed. All changes made are saved to your personal library. This sounds exactly what was needed, great news to hear.

Currently librarys cant be shared but there are talks about implementing this into the next coming version/update. This may be a bigger thing than it sounds, if possible in the future, it will make PLUS-SPEC & engage many more users, great news again.

We are trying to make PlusSpec as customisable as possible so that all countries with all differen’t specifications can use PlusSpec to build real houses in there countries and areas. We hope that with our customisation we have done enough so that you can create build able UK Projects. It really does sound as this flexible approach will be the making of it in more countries than the U.K. I’ve since looked at your video tutorials, I like the user material import, as this gives total flexibility for colour & material, cool.

Please try using PlusSpec 2015 and watch our updated beginner and advanced tutorials and please send an email to dean@rubysketch.com with your feed backand how we can improve to help you. Yes, we can’t wait to start using, congrats on all the hard work to date to the PLUS-SPEC team.

Over & out,
Clayton

Hi Clayton,

I am happy to hear that you have taken the time to look at our new tutorials, and we appreciate the positive feedback.
=)

Thank you for being an active voice on the forum. Please keep posting and adding your suggestions. We believe that PlusSpec is a BIM revolution, and we have big plans for its future. Our users are invaluable to us, and your suggestions will continue to help us improve!

We will be releasing a more in-depth video on customization in the coming weeks. We want to showcase how customization in PlusSpec 2015 provides you with total design freedom - and that it is now suitable for any country, or region, and building methodology.

Regards,
Drew