[Tutorial] Using the .EXE Installer

[size=200]Instructions for Windows 7[/size]

• 1. After downloading the PlusSpec .EXE file , locate the file and run it, it should look like this. Please Ensure SketchUp is installed before running this installation!

• 2. After opening the installation file, you will be shown a security warning, select “Run”

• 3. User Account Control may now appear, select “Yes”

• 4. The PlusSpec setup will now start, select “Next” to continue

• 5. If you Agree with the License Agreement select “I Agree”

• 6. The Choose Components window will appear, make sure that both options are ticked and click “Install”

• 7. If the Ruby files required are not detected on your system, a new setup window will appear to install them

• 8. The Installation will start and this notice will appear – Please ensure you check the option to “Enable RubyGems” during the installation Process.

i.imgur.com/yxWhzoK.png

• 9. Select “Next”

• 10. If you Agree to the terms select “I Agree”

• 11. Under the Choose Components step ensure that “Enable RubyGems” are selected.

• 12. Select “Next”

• 13. Select “Install”

• 14. Select “Next”

• 15. Select “Finish”

• 16. The PlusSpec install will now continue, once finished click “Next”

• 17. Select “Finish”

• [b] 18. You can now open SketchUp using the SketchUp icon on the Desktop or from the Start Menu. Once you have opened SketchUp you will be asked to select a default template.

Typically in Australia we would select “Architectural Design – Millimetres” this is personal preference and can always be changed later down the track.

After you have selected your template select “Start using SketchUp”[/b]

• 19. This window will appear on the first run , select “OK”

• 20. The PlusSpec License activation menu will now appear, enter the email and password that you used during your initial registration and select “Sign In”. You can also select “Remember Me” if you do not wish to enter your details each time you open PlusSpec.

• 21. You will now be able to select to either “Activate your License” if you have purchased, or to “Activate the Trial”.

[*] 22. PlusSpec Is now installed, Restart SketchUp and then have some fun!

[size=200]Instructions for Windows 8 / 8.1[/size]

• 1. After downloading the PlusSpec .EXE file this error may appear in Internet Explorer – Ignore this and select “Run”

• [b] 2. After selecting “Run” Windows 8 variants will display the following message.

This is a false positive – select “More Info”

Then Select “Run Anyway”[/b]

• 3. User Account Control may now appear, select “Yes”

• 4. The PlusSpec setup will now start, select “Next” to continue

• 5. If you Agree with the License Agreement select “I Agree”

• 6. The Choose Components window will appear, make sure that both options are ticked and click “Install”

• 7. If the Ruby files required are not detected on your system, a new setup window will appear to install them

• 8. The Installation will start and this notice will appear – Please ensure you check the option to “Enable RubyGems” during the installation Process.

i.imgur.com/yxWhzoK.png

• 9. Select “Next”

• 10. If you Agree to the terms select “I Agree”

• 11. Under the Choose Components step ensure that “Enable RubyGems” are selected.

• 12. Select “Next”

• 13. Select “Install”

• 14. Select “Next”

• 15. Select “Finish”

• 16. The PlusSpec install will now continue, once finished click “Next”

• 17. Select “Finish”

• [b] 18. You can now open SketchUp using the SketchUp icon on the Desktop or from the Start Menu. Once you have opened SketchUp you will be asked to select a default template.

Typically in Australia we would select “Architectural Design – Millimetres” this is personal preference and can always be changed later down the track.

After you have selected your template select “Start using SketchUp”[/b]

• 19. This window will appear on the first run , select “OK”

• 20. The PlusSpec License activation menu will now appear, enter the email and password that you used during your initial registration and select “Sign In”. You can also select “Remember Me” if you do not wish to enter your details each time you open PlusSpec.

• 21. You will now be able to select to either “Activate your License” if you have purchased, or to “Activate the Trial”.

[*] 22. PlusSpec Is now installed, Restart SketchUp and then have some fun!