new version material take off

Greetings!

I have recently upgraded to the latest 2020 version of plusspec.  I tried to do a material take off, but it wouldn't come up for me.  I did eventually find the file, but I am used to it just popping up when I select that menu.  Has anyone else run into that?

Thanks,

Dawson

Hi Dawson,

Thank you for your post.

We released an update at the end of last week (v19.3) which should fix this issue.

Would you be able to please let me know if the takeoff now works for you?

It did indeed. Nice work!

Thanks,

Dawson

Hi again,

Something to add to this topic is: I don’t know when it started (I couldn’t before) but I can export and save the xls and csv formats from that takeoff. The trouble is that my excel doesn’t seem to know how to make sense of it. The csv transferred eventually, but the xls will only come in by text, and is then too broken up to sort. I don’t actually use the take off a great deal yet, but that is partly why. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Dawson

Hi Dawson,

I’m happy to hear that you’re issue has been fixed.

The XLS format should work most of the time, however there are times when it doesn’t. The reason we added the CSV option was to fill the gap as it should always export correctly. My recommendation would be just just use the CSV option as there’s very little difference from the XLS and it should work more often.

In the next big update there will be changes to the takeoff which should hopefully fix this issue you’re having along with give you more features & information.