pdf Import

I am having trouble importing a pdf plan,

I have saved each page individually but when I import the page through the import tool. It only imports a blank page.

I have tried saving it as a vector pdf through Inkscape but it fails to import as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Ultimately, I ended up importing the plan as an image. Which sufficed for what I was doing. Unusual that the pdf imported as a blank page though.

thanks

Hi TruLine,

Thank you for your enquiry.

There appears to be an issue when importing some PDF’s. This is currently with the development team & a fix for it should be in the next update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

In the meantime, I would suggest doing what you already did by converting the PDF into an image (via screenshot or other methods), then importing the image & scaling it.

Hi, from the latest update, the import tool is no longer working.
Can this be fixed? See attached screenshot.
As you can see import pdf tool is blank. - Frank
Screenshot 2023-03-27 144640.png

Hi alyssa22,

I’m not able to replicate the issue so I would recommend trying the following & see if they resolve the issue.

• Reinstall SketchUp.
  • Upgrade Internet Explorer to the latest version. The link below is to an article that will explain how to do this (please copy & paste it into your browser).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/run-the-latest-version-of-internet-explorer-11-ea628df4-50ce-8019-f9f4-468e39685cea#:~:text=To%20open%20Internet%20Explorer%2C%20select,then%20select%20Check%20for%20updates.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

My PDF import works as well; what version of Sketchup is being used, and which version of PlusSpec is being used? :selection-scale:
PDF importer for Sketchup PC and Mac.jpg