Door Tool - Adding Door Styles

Hello All,

Is there a way to add door styles? Similar to how you can create and add materials in the wall tool. I would like to be able to select a 6-Panel, 2-Panel, Cormona, etc. Is there a quick way or an edit in the filing system? I haven’t tried yet but i’m guessing i’m going to have to use the door tool and install doors, then explode into them and edit at that time? The interior and exterior door slabs available, none of them look anything like doors we use around here.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for your enquiry.

There currently isn’t a way to add door styles in the dialog, but I’ve listed some options below which should achieve the result you’re after.

1. Select the blank door style (it should be Style 1) & draw/edit the door. Then click into the door component until you get to the base geometry level of the door leaf & then manually edit the geometry (using SketchUp tools) to create the desired style. If done correctly, this change should be applied to other similar doors in the model. If you don’t want this, you’ll need to make the door leaf component unique via the right-click menu. Tip: Create all the styles you use in a different model, then copy & paste them into the door in your current to achieve the result quicker. Note: You don’t need to explode any geometry. Doing so may cause the door to not behave as expected.

2. Use the None door option to create the opening in the wall. Then draw the door (using SketchUp tools) & then apply estimation info to it using the PlusSpec BIM Tool. Tip: If you choose this option you can save these components on your computer to use again in other models.

I’m happy to assist if you have any other enquiries.