Insulation in Internal walls ?

Hi,
I’m just creating some internal walls that are sound insulated. How would you best advise I go about this. PlusDesignBuild doesn’t have the option to add insulation to internal walls.
Should I instead model as a lightweight clad wall, and creat plasterboard material for the other side (plasterboard doesn’t exist as a cladding out of the box)
Best option for me would be if internal walls had the ability to be insulated, but I cant see that option
Cheers
John

Hi John,

Thank you for your Post!

The best way to do this is to associate insulation inside of the takeoff using recipes. Here is a tutorial on using the recipes tool: https://youtu.be/62XI-eTh7Hw

I will check in with the dev team to see what the possibilities are to add insulation to internal walls.

Thanks John,
Kind Regards,
Emily

Did this get resolved? I can’t see the option for insulated internal walls on my selection - these are required for UK building code so it would be handy to have them.

Thanks
M

Hi M, it is on a long list of suggestions and it will not be in our next release as this can be done easily with a recipe. Are you looking to simply show in model or are you trying to get a material take off?