SIP walls

Find and post help & suggestions for the Wall Tools.

Moderator: Daniel

SIP walls

Postby wallplus » Sat May 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi, is it possible to create SIP walls znd do a take off, see .att
we draw a SIP panel with profile builder, most standard lengths, but sometimes not, how can I do this with plusspec and do a takeof?
wallplus

Re: SIP walls

Postby Andrew » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:34 am

Sip walls are easy enough to draw in PlusSpec, personally I use the Grid tool :grid-tool: add the SIP size in the Grid spacing and left-click on the grid when drawing. This will section your wall sizes yet you will not be able to add a window on the join for obvious reasons. SIPS can be restrictive when it comes to customisation in construction so using the Grid will enable you to add the spacing according to where you want your windows and doors to go.

If you are looking to quantify SIPs I would use https://plusspec.com/plusdesignbuild/ and use recipes and associate the SIP name with the recipe. If you do not want to quantify the inner parts of the SIP simply exclude the items form the takeoff.
Andrew

Re: SIP walls

Postby wallplus » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:46 pm

Ok, I took a subscription to PlusDesignBuild. How do I create a reusable SIP panel as shown in my previous attachment?
For example: inner layer 12.5 mm cement board (MgO), insulation 225 mm polyutherane, outer layer 12.5 mm cement board (MgO)
If I can create this, can I save it for future use, can I make it parametric, and is there a possibility to have a rebate (40 mm) on each side (left, right, top, bottom) which I can put on or off if required?
wallplus

Return to Wall Tools