Find and post help & suggestions relevant to each tool & ability.
Moderators: Daniel, Emily
Hi there. I want to create an attic room but cant seem to find attic trusses and if I try do draw a roof using the rafter tool it adds the diagonal braces just the same. Is there a way I can do this with plusspec, if so, how. I have watched the tutorial videos on youtube but haven't found one that covers this at the moment.
Kind regards, Luke
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:03 pm
We currently don't have attic trusses in the software but I will take this suggestion back to the development team for further discussion.
In the meantime, I would recommend manually creating the trusses. The steps below outline the easiest & best way to do this.
1) Draw one truss at the specification needed using SketchUp tools to generate the structure. Make it a component.
2) Select the truss & use the BIM Tool to add estimation information to it. Note: You can skip this step if you don't require it to estimate.
3) Duplicate the truss & move them to the desired locations. The easiest way to do this is by using the copy move function of the SketchUp Move Tool.
Tip: I would group all the trusses to make selecting & moving them easier.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 413
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:50 pm
Return to PlusSpec Tools: Help & Suggestions From Community
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest