Product suggestion and general discussions about the needs pertaining to Australia and New Zealand.
Has anyone attempted to create engaged pier with the wall tool? I tried to made one straight wall first, then created a series of half brick piers at 1200 mm centres. As the wall steps up because it sits on a strip footing, it is really slow and frustrating to change the length of every single one engaged pier to match the step of the strip footing.
Any tips would be appreciated.
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:06 am
Thank you for your post.
What I would recommend to do to draw engaged piers is to follow the steps in one of the options below.
1. Draw the walls as double brick/masonry wall(s). Note: don't forget to change the cavity size in the Manual Overrides section of the Wall Tool dialog.
2. Use the Split Wall Tool to split the wall(s) where the piers need to be.
3. Select the wall sections that are inbetween the piers and change them to single brick/masonry walls. Note: check the materials are correct before clicking Submit.
4. Move the walls out to where they need to go as they will be lined up with the internal brick of the double brick wall.
Option 2 - This option is better for larger piers.
1. Draw the walls as single brick/masonry wall(s).
2. Go back and add the piers using the single brick/masonry wall and the required spacing & size/length.
Would you be able to please let me know if either of these work for you?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:50 pm
Return to Australia and New Zealand
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests