Truss Question

Hi, I’ve been trying to put trusses on an L shaped extension and have got most things as I’d like, see pic. The gable is where its supposed to be and the hips and the eaves but the existing house is represented by the transparent planes. Do I need to click in and delete trusses and parts of trusses to go around the walls like this? Or is there a way to get it to do it for me?

Truss Question1.jpg

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for your post.

What I would recommend to do is to use the ‘Skillion/Shed Truss’ option for the return part of the roof and use the ‘Common Truss’ option for the pother part of the roof. See image below for more details.

Would you be able to please let me now if this works for you?
L-Shape Roof Truss Formation.jpg

Grant is right, when doing special trusses use the common trusses in the straight section and do the hip ends with the Skillion/sloping trusses. Trusses in most software packages are pretty complex, in PlusSPec it is pretty easy when you divide the areas into smaller pieces. You will not be able to do every type of trussed roof, in these cases, I use the rafter or beam tool and then the BIM tool after grouping the items. This way my take stays up to date.

Thanks guys, that looks like a solution. I’ll get on to it.
The corner of the house and that apex are in different places and so there will probably be some shuffling and extra rafter/beam bits.

A nice hip-return truss design in just a few clicks. Thanks!

Hip return trusses.jpg