Help w/ Gable Roof.....

Greetings! I just purchased PlusSpec on Monday, so I am still learning. I just had an issue with Gable Roofs that I wanted to post to see if anyone has any suggestions, or maybe see if I am missing something. When I change a Hip to Gable, I select the ‘Gable Infill’ option. I would expect that whatever the wall finish currently is it would infill it with that (i.e. Brick), but instead, it just puts a simple recessed face there instead (please see the attached .jpg that may help explain it better). I did split the wall and raise the brick up that way, but that affects the Framing and also if you try to place a centered Window in the split wall, you can’t. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Gable end question.jpg

Hi CAD Group,

Thank you for your post.

There are two things you can do, which are:

1. Select the wall then select the Wall Tool (you can also right-click on the wall and select ‘+ WALLS > Edit Wall’) which will bring up the tool dialog. In the ‘Construction’ section change the ‘Construction Mode’ field to ‘Gable’, then enter the pitch of the roof in the ‘Gable/Skillion/Shed Pitch’ field.

2. Select the roof then select the Hip Roof Tool (you can also right-click on the wall and select ‘+ ROOF > Edit Roof’) which will bring up the tool dialog. In the ‘Materials, Selections & Finishes’ section select a material to apply for the gable face in the ‘Gable / Dutch Gable’ field. Please note that if no materials appear, you will need to use the Sync Tool.

Would you be able to please let me know if either of these fixe the issue you’re having?