New Wall Types

I have just purchased a copy of PluSpec for Mac. While I have successfully created a new material, when I left click to drag it into the drop box in the Wall Tool dialogue box, the dialogue box disappears. it seems I can’t have the material and the drop box open at the same time. This is quite different to the video tutorial . youtube.com/watch?v=w3QxiIb … Ij-IG3rV0L

Any tips?

Hi,

Glad to have you on board. When you drag your material over you do not need the drop down box open, this is the same as the video shows. All you have to do is drag the image into the box that says ‘Drop Your Dragged Material Here’.

Please send a screen capture if there is something different appearing.

Kind Regards
Dean

Thanks Dean, Not sure if I’m doing this correctly but…the drop down box only appears when PluSpec is active, not at all within the window for creating the material. When i click the new material, the Plus Spec window de-activates the drop down box and, vice-versa, when the drop down box is active, i.e. when I’m in PluSpec, the Safari window with the material in it is not active. I can’t have them on at the same time.See screen capture.
Materials Screen Shot.jpg

Hi,

Very sorry but I did not realise that you were using MAC. To create a material using a MAC computer the last part is slightly different due to the way apple has done this and we have no control. To do this the steps are below and a video tutorial will be up in the next few days.

1. After agreeing to the terms and selecting the ‘create material from template’ button the image that you have attached will appear. This is correct.
  2. Now this is where it changes, to then get your material into the tool you must go back to SketchUp and select the ‘sync’ button on the PlusSpec tool bar.
  3. A sync will now start and should take a maximum of 30 seconds.
  4. Once the sync is completed close down sync.
  5. Open your materials and you will notice it is there and ready to use.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Dean

Hi Dean

Thanks for this but still having difficulties!

When i press the Sync button I get an “Alert 401” followed by from SketchUp followed by (“error”:“token not valid” when I press OK.

Any clues?

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

Have you installed the latest update? Make sure that you open your PlusSpec help (home screen), click on status, and download the update (if it is not up-to-date). This should rectify any issues that you are having.

Hi Dean

Still getting the same problem after updating.

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

Are you still having the same error, or has it been resolved?