Problem loading PlusSpec with dual monitor setup

Hi guys, I’m working on a laptop with a secondary screen on HDMI port, as an extended desktop configuration. Sketchup freezes at startup when PlusSpec tries to load.
I have tried with a different secondary screen and that doesn’t fix anything.
If I switch to single display there is no problem at all.
Was wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem or if someone would know how to fix it.

Thanks
Rem

Hi Rem,

Thank you for your post.

I believe this might have something to do with the graphics card on your laptop struggling with the second screen.

To check what graphics card you have, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the ‘Control Panel’.
  2. Select ‘Device Manager’.
  3. Select the arrow for ‘Display adapters’ to expand it and it will show you what your graphics card is.

Would you be able to please let me know what graphics card is installed in your computer?

Hi Grant, this is what I’m running with:
I have done a driver update.
Capture.PNG

It boots ok when both screens are in clone mode. It is fine as well when sketchup starts on the laptop screen. For some reason it doesn’t like when sketchup and Plusspec start on 2 different screens

Hi Rem,

I haven’t heard of this issue before so I’m not sure what it might be as the graphics cards you have installed should be able to run everything.

What I would recommend to do is to contact SketchUp and see if there is an issue on their side as it doesn’t appear to be a PlusSpec related issue.

Would you be able to please let me know if/when you get the issue sorted out? Thank you.

Hi Grant,
SketchUp starts fine on it’s own. The problem is that everything freezes when PlusSpec splash screen tries to load. I just get the empty window of PlusSpec welcome screen. This only happens when sketchup loads on the secondary display and PlusSpec loads on the primary display.
It would probably fix it if I could get PlusSpec to load on the same display as sketchup.

Thanks

Rem did you get this issue sorted out? I assume you contacted the office? I would be interested to find out what the problem was and how efficiently we fixed it. We are always doing our best to make sure you guys can get your work done faster.