Garage Door Problem

Hey there,

I’ve had this problem for a while and I have been continuously putting it to the side because I can’t seem to figure out how to solve it. But the time has come! (I hope)…

Every time I place a garage door on my wall, it opens to the outside. I’m unable to reverse it and it’s driving me insane. I’ve tried reversing the wall and that brings no success either. Please help.

I have attached an image of what I’m dealing with.

Thank you,
Valentina
Garage Door Issue.png

Hi Valentina,

Thank you for your post.

The reason this happens is because the garage doors were made to always face to the internal side of the wall and it appears as though you may have drawn the walls back the front. We recently added text that appears when you are drawing a wall so that you know which side of the wall is which (I’ve attached an image which shows this). By default walls should be drawn clockwise but to draw anticlockwise press the INSERT button on your keyboard (you will notice the wall text change when you do this as well).

To fix the issue you are having I would recommend to do is redraw the walls and add the garage door back in so that all external walls are all joined together in a ‘loop’. This helps when you use the Push/Pull Walls Tool.

Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue you are having?
Internal & External Wall Text.png

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I have managed to fix the problem and am greatly thankful. However I’ve had to delete all my outer walls which contained windows and doors, and will have to start over! :frowning:

I also noticed that whilst I was creating the walls I didn’t receive the ‘External’ and ‘Internal’ writing that you did. Although I guess that might be because I may not have the latest version.
However, I think that it would be a good idea if the program allowed users to reverse the garage door similarly to the other normal doors. It would make the situation a lot easier. Just a suggestion of course. I had no idea that walls had to be drawn clockwise. :frowning:

Thank you once again for your help!
Valentina
Problem Solved.png

Hi Valentina,

Yes that’s correct, the ‘Internal’ and ‘External’ wall text is in the latest version so if you update to that you will have all the latest features.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding the ability to switch the side of the garage doors. I will pass it onto the development team for further discussion.

Another handy tip when drawing the walls, in case you didn’t already know, is that you can change where the walls are drawn from (when you are drawing them) by pressing the ‘right arrow’ on your keyboard. Once you do this you should notice that the wall preview also changes.