steel column component tool

When inserting a steel column (Hollow section column) it always start out as a 65 x 65 and 2740 long. if you edit the column length (to say 2430) and include a base plate, then submit. The column is no longer connected to the base plate. it is a thought the column length is adjusting proportionally from the grab point of the inserted column, which is not at the base of the column but appears to be at about 250mm up. how can i adjust column length and keep base plate connected?

Cheers,

Max

John, try making the column unique, it may be referencing another component? Open a new model and give it a try, can you come back to me if the problem is still there, I can not seem to replicate it in my version of PlusSpec. BTW there is a new beam tool that will make your life a lot easier and it is coming very soon in PlusSpec 2017. Thanks for reaching out with this question, we are here to help.

I have opened a new model and tried on that, and as you said it cant be replicated. yet on the model the every time i insert a column the “origin of the component” is not at the bottom of the component is is about 250, or so, up from bottom. As far as making the component unique, it has already separated the column from the base plate by the time it is on the model (ie after the edit component menu is done). I have deleted every column component on the model. what else could it be referencing?
How can you change the “origin of the component”?

I have solved it by making the column on another model and copying it back to my main model. thanks for the tips.

Cheers,

Max