Thank you for your post.
To get section materials/hatchings to appear, please follow the steps below.
1. Generate scenes using the Scene Tool
2. Turn section planes on by clicking the Display Section Planes Tool (see image below). If this tool isn't appearing on you screen, go to the top of your screen and select 'View > Toolbars...' then tick 'Section' and it'll appear.
3. Right-click on the section plane and select '+ SECTION HATCHING'. A dialog/window will then appear.
4. Select the materials for the corresponding fields and press 'Submit'.
5. Turn off the section planes by clicking on the Display Section Planes Tool again.Please note that you don't need to generate the scenes to generate the section materials/hatchings but we recommend to do so as it its quicker and easier.
Would you be able to please let me know if this works for you?