Wall tool setting

Hi there,

I am pretty new to PlusSpec. I am struggling to set thickness of brick when I choose double brick wall, it draws very thin layer of brick. Only way I can set my wall properly is using standard wall, but thats not what I want. On videos I found that in Wall tool you can set this up in futher details, but I dont seem to have this option. I work on iMac. Can you help me?

Many thanks

Kate

Could be that you haven’t selected the bricks for the inside wall.
Cheers Matt

Hi Kate,

What Matt said is correct where you need to assign a material to set a thickness. If you wish to change the thickness of the wall you can create a material and enter the thickness of that material. You can do this by clicking the ‘Create Material’ button under the section you wish to use the material. In this case you would do it where you select the bricks.

hi having problem drawing a wall , requires me to close the loop , which i do CTRL + ENTER … but i just see a 2d pink line where i drawn my wall , help

Hi mike,

To close the loop you can also double-click or press Enter and it will complete the walls without you having to click back at the starting point.

The only 2D pink line that I’m aware of is the preview of the wall that appears when you’re drawing the wall. Would you be able to send a screenshot or quick video (preferred) of the issue you are having as I’ve not heard of this before?

Hi Grant,
I am experiencing the very same issue as mike.
I draw the walls on 2d, the preview as you said, and once I close the loop nothing happens, I tried CTRL+Enter, double click, Enter, just nothing happens. I keep seeing the preview. Once I hit space it exits from the Wall command.

Hi Luca,

What I would recommend to do is to clear your PlusSpec options. To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Close all open SketchUp files.
  2. Open a new Windows Explorer (Documents).
  3. Go to the address bar at the top and type %appdata%.
  4. Go back a folder to the ‘AppData’ folder (you can click AppData in the address bar to do this).
  5. Open the ‘Local’ folder, then ‘rubysketch’ folder.
  6. Open ‘plusspec’ folder, then ‘options’ folder.
  7. Delete the ‘tools’ folder.
  8. Open a new SketchUp file and draw a wall.

Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue you are having?

Hi Luca,

I think we’ve found where the issue might be. There may be a setting on you computer which is making this error appear. Please follow the steps below to check.

1. Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and select ‘Languages’.
  2. Select ‘Change date, time, or number formats’ from the menu on the left, then select ‘Additional settings…’ which should be located at the bottom of the new window.
  3. Check the ‘Decimal symbol’ field had a decimal (‘.’) and not a comma (‘,’) and change it to a decimal if it doesn’t.
  4. Go back to SketchUp and try and draw a wall (make sure not to use a comma when drawing the wall).

Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue you’re having?

Hi Grant,

That was exactly the problem! Due to the different numeric systems…

Thank you a lot! I think I was going to give up!

Now both problems are solved, it works flawlessly.

Hi Luca,

I’m very happy to hear it was all sorted out and you can now use it fully.

If you have any further enquiries, I would be happy to assist you.

Hello, I’ve just installed PlusSpec. I’m a beginner with it. I’m encountering the same issue as described above. I’d like to know where the ‘Control panel’ and the mentioned menus are located to solve the problem. I didn’t quite understand if it’s a ‘Control panel’ specific to the PlusSpec extension or if it’s on my computer. I’m using Windows 11. Thanks for your help. Bruno

Hi Bruno,
Thank you for your post, I believe this issue had already been sorted for you as you had reached out via email also?