New User Questions

I am a new user and I have the trial version as of right now. I am trying to create a gable – I followed the video exactly with no success, I highlight the roof plan that I want changed to a gable and set all the parameters and it does nothing, on top of that it won’t do a dormer either, by chance is this not available for the trial version?

Also, is there any way to do a color that is not in the swatch of colors from Taubmans that pops up?

Hi AKDesign,

Thank you for your post.

Currently, the trial version is a trial of PlusSpec Pro so you should have access to all features that are included in Pro. Would you be able to please confirm if you entered either 90 (for degrees) or 1:0 (for ratio) into the Pitch field?

At the moment the only colours available are the Taubmans but we are working on adding more brands here. In the meantime what I would recommend to do is to draw the base material (the material before a paint is applied - e.g. brick or render) then go to the SketchUp Bucket Tool and select the Sample Paint (eye dropper) icon and select the base material. Once you’ve done this, select the ‘Edit’ tab in the SketchUp Bucket Tool then tick the ‘Colorize’ option and and change the colour values of the material. Please note that this won’t be remembered in your future models.

Would you be able ot please let me know if this works for you?

It sounds like you are you using PlusSpec lite where this functionality is not available.