compatibility with some sketch up commands

Hi,
I’m thinking of purchasing but I have a couple questions first.

1. Rotating or moving a model using Sketchup commands. Does this cancel the PlusSpec entities then causing the PlusSpec model to be unable to be edited. BuildEdge does this, which while being cheap and basic is a pain in the arse!!
  2. Is there a trial version available for a couple weeks for me to evaluate?
  3. Is there a Mac version?
  4. Editing windows; using PlusSpec can I come up with almost any configuration? Eg. A double hung window but a triple unit (like in Federation houses) rather than just a single units only?
  5. I didn’t notice a truss making tool; Is there one that is linked up to your roof tool? A lot of my jobs are using truss roofs but it would be great if the truss was generated automatically for a section view.
  6. Kitchen/Bathrooms, etc.; are these still done using Sketchup Tools and do they affect the PlusSpec drawn model in anyway?
  7. What Sketchup commands and tools can be used without affecting the PlusSpec model (similar question to 1)?

Cheers, PlusSpec looks great and could be a great time saver and also giving well detailed Layout drawings.
Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting us :slight_smile:

1. Rotating or moving a model using Sketchup commands. Does this cancel the PlusSpec entities then causing the PlusSpec model to be unable to be edited. BuildEdge does this, which while being cheap and basic is a pain in the arse!!

Using SketchUp commands does not affect your PlusSpec model and in fact PlusSpecs BIM Tool is created especially for SketchUp and PlusSpec to work together. We make it very aware that you don’t only have to use PlusSpec to create a model you can also use SketchUp to help complete a model and your SketchUp components can be estimated and have a price put to them.

1. Is there a trial version available for a couple weeks for me to evaluate?

There is no official trial version but PlusSpec offers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and this is used as a 30 day trial.

1. Is there a Mac version?

Yes PlusSpec has a Mac version.

1. Editing windows; using PlusSpec can I come up with almost any configuration? Eg. A double hung window but a triple unit (like in Federation houses) rather than just a single units only?

Yes by using PlusSpecs window tool you can come up with almost any configuration. PlusSpec has a wide range of window options and more are being added. PlusSpec also has window companies coming on board so that you can use real window products as well as generic.

1. I didn’t notice a truss making tool; Is there one that is linked up to your roof tool? A lot of my jobs are using truss roofs but it would be great if the truss was generated automatically for a section view.

Currently PlusSpec doesn’t model a truss. This is being worked on but isn’t currently available. You can still estimate truss by drawing them manually with SketchUp and then using the PlusSpec BIM tool to add a price or many other ways that other PlusSpec users have came up with, maybe they can post there ideas here.

1. Kitchen/Bathrooms, etc.; are these still done using Sketchup Tools and do they affect the PlusSpec drawn model in anyway?

PlusSpec is product created by Rubysketch. Rubysketch was originally created as a 3D warehouse that SketchUp users could use to download real models from real suppliers. Rubysketch has thousands of models that can be imported into SketchUp with BIM information and real life specifications, can be estimated and a price can also be added to the model so that you can get a complete price estimate of a job from walls and slabs to door locks and toilet seats. If you don’t want to use the Rubysketch models you can draw them using SketchUp tools and this will not affect the model. Check out PlusSpec here - rubysketch.com/

1. What Sketchup commands and tools can be used without affecting the PlusSpec model (similar question to 1)?

Any SketchUp tool can be used with PlusSpec and won’t affect the PlusSpec model. PlusSpec has a few tools that are similar to a few of SketchUps tools but are changed to be more suited to PlusSpec and easier to use.

Hopefully these are the answers that you were after. Any more questions or help email me at: dean@rubysketch.com

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards
Dean

Hello Everyone,

Just to ensure that there is no confusion, please note that the 30 day guarantee offer, mentioned in this Forum post, was only available for the first month after release (April 2015). This offer is no longer available, and it has long since been removed from our website and our Terms and Conditions.

Drew