License question.

Hi, I work out on site a lot and I carry a lightweight laptop, this is what I use to design in my meetings, but when I am home I use my more powerful desktop computer.
How do I run PlusSpec on both under the one licence ?

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

As with most other design software, you cannot install PlusSpec on more than one computer. You would need to purchase a separate PlusSpec licence for your second machine.

Don’t forget that the benefit of PlusSpec is that it resides inside of SketchUp. You can draw your designs using PlusSpec, and you can save it to your laptop, and then access, view it and make notes inside of SketchUp Make (Free) during your meetings away from the office. Ultimately, this means that you don’t really need a second portable licence, as you can make all notes/design changes inside of the model, and then make the required changes on your PlusSpec-registered machine after the meeting.

[/quote]
You can migrate your licence with AutoCAD, for this very reason. So long as each version is not run concurrently.

GWA.

Hi GWA,

Indeed. Some Autodesk products allow for migration.

In any case, for PlusSpec, if you require two machines that you will work inside of PlusSpec regularly, you will need to purchase two separate licences.

As stated above, you can draw your designs using PlusSpec, and you can save it to your laptop, and then access, view it and make notes inside of SketchUp Make (Free) during your meetings away from the office. Ultimately, this means that you don’t really need a second portable licence, as you can make all notes/design changes inside of the model, and then make the required changes on your PlusSpec-registered machine after the meeting.

=)