Changing Wall Reference Line

Hi all,

New user here, just going through the PlusSpec tutorials. Sorry in advance if this has been asked before, or if it’s in the wrong forum. I have established a potential building footprint based on council’s gross floor area definition, which is calculated from the internal face of external walls. PlusSpec’s wall tool seems to model walls from the external face of the structural skin. Is there a way to change the wall reference line to suit one’s purpose? Sometimes I need walls to be modeled from the internal face, sometimes from the middle of the wall, sometimes from the finished external face. This is a feature in ArchiCAD that I found super useful. It would be great if I can do it in PlusSpec too.

Attached is a diagram to illustrate what I mean.

Cheers,

Fahimah
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 4.35.58 pm.png

Hi Fahimah,

You can change it with your right arrow key.

Hi Fahimah,

Thank you for your post.

What joedol has explained is correct and will help you change the drawing position of all PlussSpec wall types.

Here are all the extra inputs/keys when drawing walls.

• RIGHT ARROW = Changes the drawing position of the wall by looping through all the possible drawing positions.
  • INSERT = Reverses the drawing direction (default direction is clockwise). The ‘Internal’ & ‘External’ text on either side of the wall preview will change to show this.
  • END = Toggles the 3D wall preview on/on.
  • HOME = Toggles the wall length dimension text on/off.

Hope this helps!

Hi Grant and Jeodol,

Thanks for your reply. Lifesavers.

Follow up question : I’m using a compact keyboard without the cursor control section of keys. What are the equivalent keys for insert, end and home?

Hi Fahimah,

Always happy to help!

I’m not sure what keyboard you’re using and it may change from keyboard to keyboard, but I would recommend to either look at the manual (if it came with one) or search online for the correct answer.

However, if you’re using the Mac compact keyboard, here are the Wall Tool shortcuts which should work for most Mac keyboards.

• Right Arrow = Changes drawing origin.
  • Fn + I = Change inward/outward (flips) orientation.
  • Command + Return = End input, automatically closing loop.
  • Delete = Remove the last point drawn.
  • Fn + Right Arrow = Change 2D/3D drawing representation.
  • Home = Show/Hide dimensions.

Would you be able to please let me know if this helps with your enquiry?