BESPOKE WALL

Hi,

Is it possible to make a bespoke wall such as the one I have attached. It is 100mm external block, 100mm cavity with 50mm insulation and a 100mm internal block.

Thanks

John
BESPOKE WALL 2.JPG
BESPOKE WALL 1.JPG

Hi John,

Thank you for your post.

Currently there isn’t an easy way to create the wall type you’ve shown. However, we are planning on updating the Wall Tool to allow the ability to create your own custom wall types in the future. I believer it’ll be sometime later this year.

What I would recommend to try in the meantime is to use the ‘Double Masonry’ option in the Wall Tool to create the two masonry skins and then use the Wall Surface Tool to add the other skins. Please note that you will need to drawn one wall and/or skin at a time.

Would you be able to please let me know if this works for you?

Hi Grant,

Really looking forward to the new wall tool update.

I’d tried your suggestion, it works, kindof. The windows become awkward to fit etc.

Thanks

John

I am sorry to say, John, I am the one who said no to this feature, I am yet to be convinced of the viability as it is so unusual and it can be done by drawing the main set of walls, copying and push pulling the walls. The reason I am saying no at this moment is that 99% of construction is covered by what we have available and for us to develop to suit the 1% we will never get to where we are going especially as it is 2 minutes work to use the copy paste, push-pull method. Happy to continue the conversation, you may change my opinion if others agree with you.

Hi Andrew

I’m just starting out with PlusSpec and drawing a cavity wall to this spec is the first thing I am attempting … it’s standard construction in UK. Has there been any progress towards customising the wall tool to produce this type of wall? I’m having difficulty drawing this type of wall with the wall tool - I can manage to make the insulation appear as a surface of a composite material but unable to manually push / pull or control its thickness.

Thanks

Tim

[quote=“Tim”]
Hi Andrew

I’m just starting out with PlusSpec and drawing a cavity wall to this spec is the first thing I am attempting … it’s standard construction in UK. Has there been any progress towards customising the wall tool to produce this type of wall? I’m having difficulty drawing this type of wall with the wall tool - I can manage to make the insulation appear as a surface of a composite material but unable to manually push / pull or control its thickness.

Thanks

Absolutely Tim is 100% correct. If the software is made available for the UK market it needs to answer the right questions.
We need 9 inch solid brick walls, we need cavity with double block skin, hollow concrete blocks. It’s what we use day in day out.
Same goes for the steel library. The whole of EC3 should be there.

Im looking forward to the new bespoke wall tool

Perhaps the most important of your considerations in bringing a vision to life are your wall surfaces.

Your chosen alternatives – whether paint or wallcoverings – can have a significant impact on the cost effectiveness, longevity and even functionality of your interiors.

There are, however, common misconceptions in both commercial settings and homes regarding the latter, chief amongst them being that wallcoverings are just too expensive. I aim to set the record straight by highlighting just some of the ways wallcoverings prove to be not only practical and cost effective, but also the most visually and aesthetically appealing alternative for any design scheme.

:grid-tool: :grid-tool:

minotaurfightstore | minotaurfightstore