Dincel Problem

Hi, I’ve got a problem with this file, the Dincel wall PVC parts are stepped down but you can see from the pic that the dialog isn’t showing any overrides. In other files the problem isn’t occurring. Can you suggest anything for fixing this one?

Dincel problem.jpg

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for your post. My apologies in the delay in getting back to you.

The only thing that I could think of to make this issue occur is that some of the Dincel profiles were manually edited. If this is the case what I would recommend for manually editing Dincel profiles in the future is to always make the profiles you’re editing unique. To do this select the profiles, right-click on them and select ‘Make Unique’ before making any edits.

There are two things that I would recommend to do, which are:

1. Delete all the Dincel walls, purge the model (using the PlusSpec Purge/Clean Model Tool) and redraw them.

2. Manually edit the profiles back to their original position. Please note that if there were any manual edits that you wanted to keep they will need to be redone.

3. Draw the walls where the errors occurring in a different model and copy & paste them into the current model. To do this I would also recommend to copy & paste in place (go to ‘Edit > Paste In Place’) the dwg into the new file. This will then paste the dwg into the new model at the same position as the original. I would also recommend to use this process with the Dincel walls when taking them back to the original model.

Would you be able to please let me know if this works for you?

Thanks Grant, It was a while ago now, I think you’re right, I vaguely remember doing a manual edit and someone else was also manually editing setups. Since then I’ve made a habit of making the walls in another file and pasting back into the model. It makes it much easier when we have to scale the thickness for some 150 thick walls. I think the take off still works even though it won’t show the 150mm components.