sketchup closing down when placing a toilet

Hi When I have tried several times to place a floor mount toilet into a bathroom sketchup has closed and came up with a bug report.
Any Ideas on what might be going wrong?

Regards
Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your post.

I haven’t come across this issue before but what I would recommend to try is to turn off ‘Outliner’ in SketchUp and see if the issue still occurs.

If that doesn’t work would be be able to please answer the questions below:

• Does this any time you try to place the toilet or does it also happen for other components?
  • Are you using the latest version of PlusSpec? If not, does the issue still occur after updating?

Can you also please send me the bug report if you get the issue to occur again?

Hello dcaaus,
I have been in some small bathrooms — you know, the kind that make you feel like you have to lose 5 pounds to enter them. But I really like working on this type of bathroom design. Trying to make everything fit in the available space is like doing a giant crossword puzzle.
SIimply follow the below steps:

1. Install a corner sink.

2. Use a shower curtain.

3. Float the vanity.

4. Round the vanity.

5. Extend the counter over the toilet.

6. Use a large-scale pattern.

7. Skip the shower door.

8. Expand the mirror.

9. Mount the towel bar on a door.

10. Install a trough sink.

11. Select a vanity with one shelf.

12. Use a wall-mounted faucet.

Good day Alwis,

Thank you very much for your bathroom suggestions.
I am sure that a lot of the PlusSpec users could take something away from your recommendations and apply them proposed layout.

Much appreciated.

Can you replicate the issue when you close and save the model? Great points for design Alwis12 thanks for adding them. If you guys can ever replicate a bug splat over and over please let us know how you do it as we will try and replicate and rectify. If you get it on a weekend or a Friday in the USA the best advice I can give is to disable other plugins as there may be a conflict. I know we did come up with a conflict between one of the rendering engines that was being used. We contacted the other developer and sorted it out very quickly.
Anyway, back to bathroom design.
Thanks for letting us know Dan.