Firstly I have been using PlusSpec for a few days now, PlusSpec feels like it has so much potential, and I am very impressed with everything that is working for me.
BUT a major issue is affecting my experience.
If i try to edit an existing window or door, to change the header height or a material or whatever, after pressing submit the computer hangs for a very long time, possibly forever !
The only solution currently is to delete the window or door, and recreate with the desired settings so that i avoid the hang.
In a simple test case of one wall (external clad), one door (tried a few different ones), and one window (louvre, sliding, i could try others) . the computer hangs for 2-3 minutes. for 30+ windows the longest i have waited before forcing the application to quit was 15 minutes.
So naturally one wonders why is this happening to my installation and not others.
Here's my setup:
- PlusSpec is only extension installed
- 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
- 16GB Ram
- AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
- MAC, OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite),
- Sketchup Pro 2015. 15.3.329
- PlusSpec up to date as of this post
This problem was first brought up in the post: 'Louvre windows not cutting wall when i copy them' https://plusspec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=511
Other possibly unrelated symptoms are:
- 3D mouse stops responding often after the use of a PlusSpec tool such as window or door, and after it starts again it is not smooth motion (whereas it is smooth before using a tool)
- Louvre window component attributes is missing fields
It is essentially a show stopper for me.
A client just asked me whether we could change the thickness of some windows and the colour. I had to say no because the software was playing up and there are 40 windows! Naturally there is a bit of disappointment going on around my office.
Can anyone confirm similar symptoms?
Is this MAC OSX related ?