Take off tool

Post any found bugs here.

Moderator: Daniel

Take off tool

Postby Dawson » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:13 am

HI There,

I was watching your recent video on circular walls and noticed the take off tool he used was totally different than what I see (ie. built in it seemed, as opposed to an html export.) Then I went to do one (which I don't use all the time) and it is giving me rather than a tallied total just a listing of all the numbers that should be totaled. It didn't used to do that, and I can't say when it started but it is not right. Do you have any idea what is going on there?

Thanks,

Dawson
Dawson

Re: Take off tool

Postby Dawson » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:49 am

HI there guys,

Any thoughts on this take off issue? It's a big part fo your selling features and it doesn't seem to be working now. What's up?

thanks,

Dawson
Dawson

Postby Emily » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:25 am

Hi Dawson, it would be great to see a screenshot of this.

The Video you saw would be using PlusDesignBuild which is a more advanced version of PlusSpec especially in the takeoff/estimating arena, but for you, it may be like hitting a thumb tack with a sledge hammer. Can I ask what you are using PlusSpec for?
Emily
PlusSpec Developer

Postby Dawson » Sat May 01, 2021 4:45 am

Hi Emily, thanks for the response, and sorry for not checking sooner...

I use plus spec for house design. I'm not actually the one pricing them usually, but clients do want to have an idea. I used to get a reasonable html estimate, but now I am just getting these lists of all the pieces, without the tallies. You can see at the bottom the start of the string of numbers that are to be tallied, but aren't. It goes way off the page to the right where there are many more (they are centered). Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.42.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.42.30 PM.png (220.65 KiB) Viewed 582 times

Thanks,

Dawson
Dawson

Postby Dawson » Fri May 14, 2021 1:21 am

Hi, just checking in to see if anyone has any thoughts on this issue. Have you seen it before? It seems strange that it just started doing this...

Thanks,

Dawson
Dawson

Return to Bugs