New face merging with existing geometry

Hi, I am trying to draw a face at top of wall level to create a roof. When I draw a rectangle, I get this message below. What is happening here?
Capture.JPG

Hi SketchHouse,

Thank you for your post.
The reason this is happening is that there’s already a face here which is on a layer that is turned off. This message normally appears after you’ve created a roof from a face (using the Hip Roof Tool :roof-tool3: ) and then either the roof has been turned off or you’re on the ‘Roof Off’ scene (after you’ve used the Scene Tool :scene-gen: to create the scenes).

There are two thing which you can do to fix this issue.

1. Go to your Layer Manager and turn on the layer called ‘ROOF_GROUP’ and the hidden face here should then appear, then you can either delete the face and draw the rectangle or use it to do what you need to do.
  2. Go to another scene (I’d recommend Struct Off) and then right-click on the roof and select ‘Hide’ from the menu that appears. After this you can make the changes you want to make and then unhide the roof (go to ‘Edit > Unhide > Last’ or go to ‘View> Hidden Geometry’ and right-click on the roof and select ‘Unhide’) .

Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue you’re having?

Hi Grant, yes that seem to have worked. Thanks very much.

Kerry