North changes back even when locked

Hi Guys,
I have a site I have geo located thru plusspec, it all is correct.
I have rotated north in Job Tool (almost 180deg facing south as we draw our plans with garage to the bottom of the page) all is correct.
I lock my site to hold north…all good.
I do my shadows…all looks great
So I keep working…
THEN… sometime through my work my shadows are wrong (yes I have marked remember shadows in scene manager)
I open Job Tool again and the site snapshot is still turned but the north direction has gone back to original.
I have done this 3 times now and the same result happens.
Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong
Thanks Sam

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds to me that the issue might be due to switching between layers. If the scene you’re on has different shadow settings them it may affect other scenes. If you check and change the other scenes to remember the ‘Shadow Settings’ it should fix the issue. Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue?

If that doesn’t work, would you be able to please either attach the model to a post or send it to support@rubysketch.com so I can have a look through it?

Hi Grant, as I have just re installed PlusSpec for my component problem, I went back on to my drawing and the shadows seemed fine, I then went on to Job Toll to display the north point and it reverted back. The shadows are set differently on each scene, but they are locked to that scene are they not? I am going to send you my file and see what you think. Thanks in advance, Sam

Hi guys,

For anyone else getting this issue, if you install SketchUp 17 then reinstall PlusSpec it should fix this issue.

Has anyone used the new Sketchup geolocation? You still get the contoured map but the resolution is pretty awful on the project I am working on. Here is a tip, you can still access Google Maps in Sketchup 16 and then open the model in Sketchup 17 and you will have the higher resolution images. I do hope Sketchup has a word with MapBox & Open Street maps as the resolution is nowhere near as good as what it was with Google, at least in Sydney Australia anyway.
BTW the shadow tools still works the way it supposed to but in PlusSpec 17 we will be changing its location to the Scene tool :scene-gen: as it just seems to make more sense, oh and we added a better UI and more scene styles.