Slab Recess Tool

Hi

Some time ago, I think whilst Dean was with you, I started getting an error message loading after I changed my PC and upgraded to windows 10:

Error Loading File rubysketch_plusspec/plusspec.d/tools2/tools/slab-recess-edit-tool.rb
Could not find included file ‘rubysketch_plusspec/plusspec.d/tools2/tools/slab-recess-edit-tool.rb’

When I emailed him I think he said it was a bug of some sort that would disappear on a future install or Plusspec version.

Unfortunately I’m still getting it on this PC and need to use the slab penetration and void tools which don’t work.

Please can you help?

Kind regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your post.

To remove this message you’ll need to uninstall, then reinstall PlusSpec. There is a section at the bottom of our FAQ page which explains how to do this. The link to this page is below.

http://plusspec.com/faqs/

If you need to download PlusSpec again, here is the link.

https://download.plusspec.com/

Hi Grant

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried this and unfortunately it hasn’t worked.

I have another license on my laptop which works fine.

I tried copying all the RB and RBZ files from the same workinng directories on the laptop to this PC and still no joy.

I’ve just stripped it all out again and uninstalled, and downloaded and installed 2016 Release 3, and the same thing still doesn’t work.

To be specific, the penetration, void and recess tools draw the shape of the penetration, void and that I want and leave the outline on the top surface, but don’t then cut the opening.

On the recess the same happens but it creates the thickening around the recess

Openings for windows and doors work fine.

Is is something missing from Sketchup itself.

I look forward to your further assistance.

Kind regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

It appears as though you may have missed a step. Are these the instructions you followed?

If you are using a PC, please complete the following steps:
Step 1
Open Window Explorer (Documents)
Step 2
Go to the address bar at the top and type %appdata%
Step 3
Open the SketchUp folder, and then open the SketchUp version folder that you have installed PlusSpec into
Step 4
Open the SketchUp folder and then open the Plugins folder
Step 5
Delete both the rubysketch_plusspec folder and the rubysketch_plusspec.rb file

Mac Option 1:
Step 1
Click on the Mac ‘Go’ tab (ensure that you are not in any other program). Now that the Go tab is highlighted, hold down the option key (don’t let go). You will now see ‘Library’ in the menu options (under ‘Home’). Click on Library.
Step 2
Open the Application Support folder, and then open the SketchUp version folder that you have installed PlusSpec into
Step 3
Open the SketchUp folder, and then open the Plugins folder
Step 4

Mac Option 2:
Step 1
Open a new Finder window then open your username folder
Step 2
Open the Applications folder and then open the Library folder
Step 3
Open the Application Support folder, and then open the SketchUp version folder that you have installed PlusSpec into
Step 4
Open the SketchUp folder, and then open the Plugins folder
Step 5

Hi Grant

Tried again and still the same result.

My folder is at:

C:\Users\sfwpr\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016\SketchUp\Plugins

I have deleted everything as directed and renistalled Plusspec

My main Sketchup programme is installed at C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016

Help please!

Many thanks

Kind regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

It sounds to me that it might be the version you are trying to reinstall. What version of PlusSpec are you reinstalling? It will tell you on our splashscreen if you’re using the latest version and if there’s an update available. Please see attached image below.

There is a new version (v16.3.0) that went live the end of last week. Would you be able to please uninstall the program again then reinstall it with the latest version. Here is the link to download it.

https://download.plusspec.com/

Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue you’re having? If it doesn’t then we’ll need to organise an online meeting to have a look at it.
PlusSpec Splashscreen.png

Hi Grant

Thanks for you reply. I’ve already uninstalled the earlier version V16.2 and am already running V16.3.

I’ve just uninstalled and run it again.

I have quite a few other plugins running and am wondering whether there’s a conflict somewhere?

An online meeting would be a good idea… when I’ve had some problems with the PC a few weeks ago (SSID storage etc) the tech support at the manufacturers used a routine to remote access my PC whilst I was watching and they solved the problem I was having.

I’d be quite happy to go down that route with you if it solves the slab problem.

Kind regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

I don’t believe it to be related to any other plugin but we’ll double check that with the online meeting. We use a similar system and will need to remote access your computer.

Would you be able to please send an email to support@rubysketch.com? Once we receive the email someone from our technical support team will be in contact with you to set up the meeting.