BETA MEP Tool

Hi Beta Testers,

Here you can comment on the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Tool.

All your thoughts would be great to hear.

Kind Regards
Dean

Hi Guys,

Couple of quick interface comments,

• Introducing new pipe into a group does not include that pipe in the group. Requires explode and regroup etc
  • The arrows are a little hit and miss atm as I rarely see my axis lines… any chance of piggy backing SU16 inferencing here?

Wish list,

• Lineal meters! Any chance of including this in the BIM?
  • Ability to introduce a custom material i.e. high/low pressure for mech, medical air, electrical cables, sprinkler/hydrant, rehau etc
  • Rectangles for ridged duct and cable trays

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7mpog75lrdgq1s/Capture.JPG?dl=0

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting.

• Yes you are correct, It is drawing outside of a group or component. This is something we will hopefully fix for the official release.
  • We will be working on this to make it easier to use. Try use the grid tool when drawing your pipes. It makes it much easier to draw with.

Wish List

• Not that I have heard of but I will bring it up with the team and we will chat about it.
  • This will be on our cards for the future. Most likely won’t be included in the first 2016 release.
  • You can change the circle accuracy to 4 and it will become square but currently this is not possible to do. This is an other item that I will bring up with the team.

Kind Regards
Dean