Door positions in external wall thickness

Hi

I’m having some difficulty with doors in external walls. When the door is placed, it always defaults to the inner leaf position of an external cavity wall and puts an architrave around the outside.

I can’t locate a command to make the door frame position default either to the outside leaf, or preferably the cavity line (or to a fixed distance from the outer face) and have been through all the settings and adjustments I can find.

If I open up the component by double clicking until I get to the door itself, I can move it to where I want it for a few seconds (whilst it’s grabbed by the cursor) but then it snaps back to the original position.

The overall external wall thickness is 450mm so the inner leaf aligned doors are set too far into the wall thickness both visually and in terms of waterproofing detail.

Rapid assistance would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Kind regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for bringing this up. Currently you can only set the door/window position with windows and we are still working on the functionality for the doors. Very sorry about this but the only way to move the door position is to edit the dynamic component and this can only be done using SketchUp Pro. I am hoping that the functionality wont be to far away.

Once again very sorry. I will update this forum once it is completed.

Kind Regards
Dean

Hi Dean.

Thanks for getting back to me - I thought that it would be something you’re looking at.

I use SU Pro 2016 so will try editing the dynamic component.

Incidentally when is Plusspec 2016 due out - really looking forward to it!

Kind Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

My pleasure mate. I don’t think that it will be in the original release but it will be in one of the following PlusSpec 2016 releases.

Awesome let me know how you go.

It will be released before February but we still have no confirmed date.

Kind Regards
Dean