WINDOWS

Hi,

Re Windows. :window-tool: :opening-options: :opening-remove:

What are the ways to end up with a twin unit (or a triple) double hung or casement types of window.
The custom window while doing quite an acceptable job of these once in Layout doesn’t look so great in Sketchup.

I’ve done a couple older cottages recently that have needed these types of windows and would like an option in the double hung and casement menus to add more units. Be it adjusting or adding mullions to achieve the desired look, selecting how many units per window, etc.
It would also be handy to have the other windows to have similar options of selecting mullion positions or adding more units.

Has there been a tutorial on this that I’ve missed?

Cheers
Matt

Hi,

How did you go with the question above?

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt,

With creating multiple bays for windows this is very simple. The windows work on a maximum width, Once the window is greater than the maximum width it will create a second bay. By default most of the windows are set to a maximum of 1m. This can very simply be changed.

Go to the ‘Window Options Tool’ :opening-options: Now select your window.

The Component options will appear. In the component options you will see ‘Max. Window Width’ adjust this box and you will notice the changes. See Below.

Max Window Width.jpg

Very sorry for the late reply.

I hope this was able to help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Dean

Cheers mate, thats fantastic!

Keep up the great work.

Matt :slight_smile:

Our pleasure Matt.

Thanks! you too.

Kind Regards
Dean