Adjusting walls

Hi,

I know that whilst drawing you can press insert to change orientation, but if I draw a wall(s), but later on realize that I have drawn the exterior on the interior (if if I simply want to flip for another reason), can I click on the wall and press a key to change the alignment? This would be very useful!

Regards,

dp

Hi dp,

Currently there is no way to change the orientation of a wall after it has been drawn. Like you said the best way is to use insert before you finish drawing all walls.

Using the right-click flip function in SketchUp won’t work either but wall orientation is on our to do list.

Sorry about this and ill keep you and the other PlusSpec users updated

Kind Regards,
Dean

Hi Dean,

Thank you for the advice. I look forward to this being implemented in the future.

Regards,

Drew

So the question about flipping walls like you can in Revit has been addressed in 2014. It is now 2020 and was wondering if that major issue has been sorted over the last 6 years ?

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your post.

‘Internal’ & ‘External’ text was added a while ago which appears either side of the walls whilst they are being drawn. This text displays what side fo the wall is what and will also flip when the INSERT key is pressed to match the change.

We are looking into adding the ability to flip the walls once they’ve been drawn but there’s no ETA on that just yet.

If you have any further enquiries, I’m more than happy to help.

You get used to it very quickly.