Windows/doors reverting to standard attributes when adjusted

Hi,

I have drawn a custom window, with a very thick frame. If I want to modify this window (eg, materials, colour, etc) - it automatically reverts the frame to the standard thickness when it makes the other changes. Can I modify elements, without losing my custom attributes?

Regards,

dp

Hi dp,

When modifying the window it shouldn’t change your attributes. Try having the attribute tab open so you can see frame width and when you change a material or another area have a look if the frame width changes. If this happens on certain things only could you PM or email me and let me know when it’s changing your frame width. Ive tried replicating this but I haven’t had the problem yet.

My email is: dean@rubysketch.com
contact me if you have any other problems like this.

Kind regards
Dean

Hi Dean,

I am still getting this problem. For example, if I change a window to be Anodic Bronze Satin, and then go back into the edit window (to make other changes - for example frame thickness, or architrave adjustments), when I submit the changes, it reverts back to the default colour (Ultra silver gloss). If I had made any adjustments to the frame width, and I go back into the edit window to change the colour - when I submit the changes, it automatically reverts back to the default frame width (20mm).

Regards,

Drew

Hi dp,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. With the new window tool having commercial and residential window set frame widths, every time you change a material or other setting without re-writing the frame width, it will automatically set the frame width back to the original setting. The way around it for now is to make all your changes at first and not have to go back and edit the window. If you do have to edit the window you’ll have to remember all the changes that you made and redo them. We are very sorry about this and we are working on it.

Thankyou for the post and I will get back to you on this shortly.
Kind regards,
Dean

Thanks Dean,

It is not a major inconvenience, but I do look forward to seeing a solution in the future =)

Regards,

Drew