Adding Wall Types

Post your discussions and questions about PlusSpec here.

Moderator: Daniel

Re: Adding Wall Types

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:12 pm

veerlexyz wrote:Hello,

I have not tried PlusSpec yet. It looks impressive, but I don 't know whether it would be the right choise for my practice as a Belgian architect. Do you have clients in Belgium and the Netherlands? Anyone on this forum?

I do al lot of renovation-projects. In those projects the excisting walls are extremely different: all types, all materials, differtent sizes,.. Can I create those Wall Types myself in Plusspec? Same with floors, roofs,..
Another thing. Existing walls, floors, roofs ,.. that stay unchanged in the renovation: can I import them as a named group or component in the workflow Plusspec uses in Sketchup? It is not realistic to redraw all the different items using PlusSpec; it would take to much time to do so.

Kind regards,
Veerle

Hi Veerle,

We have Belgium Architects and Designers who are using PlusSpec.

With the release of the official version - PlusSpec 2015, you now have full customization, and you can create any type of wall or materials!

I believe that you could indeed import existing walls that will remain unchanged. One of the benefits of PlusSpec is that it utilizes the native SketchUp environment. You have total design freedom - and can model parametrically (with PlusSpec), or 3D sketch using SketchUp. You are not limited by rules - so you can control what you want to show, how you want to show it, and how much time/detail you want to spend on each element.
Drew

Postby Ulgracht » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:19 pm

An example of a wall type that I can't see how to create in plusspec

90mm stud wall
R2.5 Insulation
Double sided foil sarking
35mm tophats @ 1200mm cts
75mm thk Powerpanel XL
2.5mm thk Dulux Acratex 3-coat system

I have been looking at the Construction types, and none of them really cover this. I either have sarking or I have tophats. The powerpanel system uses two different tophat depths, depending on the R-value you need to achieve.
Ulgracht

Postby Drew » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi Ulgracht,

Could you please post an image of the wall-type that you are trying to create?

Thanks!
Drew

Previous

Return to General Discussion and Questions