Adding Wall Types

Post your discussions and questions about PlusSpec here.

Moderator: Daniel

Re: Adding Wall Types

Postby Daniel » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:06 am

matt wrote:Hi,

Great plug in, is it possible yet to generate individual wall construction details? I would love to be able to put this plug in into full use in my business (we design and build sustainable houses in modular volumetric form and have developed our own construction system for this). We use Fermacell as our internal wall lining and STEICOuniversal woodfibre sheathing board externally with a blown-in STEICOzell wood fibre insulation. Can I create these products myself in a library or do you require the manufacturers to provide you with the relevant information?

I can see that you are developing your product and there must be numerous fronts on which to develop, the existing function is great, but this would be a key strength from my perspective.

Thanks

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your Feedback and suggestions!

This is a feature we are currently working on!

If you'd like to send me an email at daniel@rubysketch.com - When it's available i'll get you to test it in your own environment for some feedback?

Thanks,

Dan
Daniel
PlusSpec Developer

Postby matt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:52 am

Thanks Daniel, I'll send you an e-mail just now.

Is there a way I can set up to receive a notification if a reply has been added to one of y posts or to a post that I have submitted a reply to? I hadn't realised that there was a reply to this post till just now.

Thanks again
matt

Postby Daniel » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 am

matt wrote:Thanks Daniel, I'll send you an e-mail just now.

Is there a way I can set up to receive a notification if a reply has been added to one of y posts or to a post that I have submitted a reply to? I hadn't realised that there was a reply to this post till just now.

Thanks again

Hi Matt,

When viewing a thread - Down in the bottom left you can click Subscribe to thread - That should send you an email alert ? (I'm about to test it now)

Thanks,

Dan
Daniel
PlusSpec Developer

Postby matt » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:54 am

Thanks Dan
matt

Postby Andrew » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:40 am

Hey guys, you'll be happy to know we have been working on getting you customisable wall types... Hoooray
The next release will have the option to add your own material and in most cases associate a thickness with that material. We will keep you posted.
Andrew

Postby Laurent » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi,
this is a very important advanced,
so far I do not see how to use plusspec with the construction techniques used in Europe.
if the walls become customizable, it's great!
Give us some news!
thanks
Laurent

Postby Dean » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Laurent,

We will keep you updated on our customisable walls.
What country in Europe do you live in?

Kind Regards
Dean
Dean
PlusSpec Developer

Postby Laurent » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Dean,

I left the forum after a Relocation professional premises and busy year ...!
I am an architect in France and I like to know if you have advanced to the libraries of materials used couremment in europe. I have not yet bought pluspec, I plan to do, like many architects using Sketchup, if the following conditions are operational:

the most important is: parametric walls with generics materials:
it is very important to adapt to the Standard European plusspec, I saw that there was little user in Europe, I think this is due to a lack of ability to customize the building materials used.

for information europeans need the following materials:
Construction Standard hollow masonry block (generic and parametric there are a lot of models used and hugely manufacturer)

reinforced concrete construction; Standard thickness 16cm / 18cm and parametric

floor joists under construction + concrete slab concrete slab +: thickness 16 cm / 20 cm

Aerated concrete block construction: YTONG XELLA or generic

construction hollow or solid brick: IMERYS / or generic WIENERBERGER

Standard wood frame construction with amount: 145mmx45 mm / 175mmx45mm, it would be interesting to develop a timber frame walls parametric module, habits are different from one country to another in Europe.

Wood wool STEICO or manufacturer HOMATHERM
wooden beam shape I: Manufacturer STEICO

wall insulation from the inside (see the manufacturer Saint Gobain plasterboard)
wall insulation from the outside (see the manufacturer: knauf gold Saint Gobain)

So much for the basics, I remain at your disposal for any information.
best regards
Laurent
Laurent

Postby veerlexyz » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Hello,

I have not tried PlusSpec yet. It looks impressive, but I don 't know whether it would be the right choise for my practice as a Belgian architect. Do you have clients in Belgium and the Netherlands? Anyone on this forum?

I do al lot of renovation-projects. In those projects the excisting walls are extremely different: all types, all materials, differtent sizes,.. Can I create those Wall Types myself in Plusspec? Same with floors, roofs,..
Another thing. Existing walls, floors, roofs ,.. that stay unchanged in the renovation: can I import them as a named group or component in the workflow Plusspec uses in Sketchup? It is not realistic to redraw all the different items using PlusSpec; it would take to much time to do so.

Kind regards,
Veerle
veerlexyz

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

We are very excited to announce that PlusSpec 2015 has been officially launched, and is available for download.

PlusSpec 2015 has incorporated many improvements - but for all of you following this post - you will be very excited to know that you can now create and customize your own wall-types/materials and structural framing. Any new wall-types/materials or framing that you create will be saved in your personal library, and available for you to select, at the click of a button. You can also edit your custom materials at any time. With PlusSpec 2015, you have total design freedom. You can design with parametric modelling, which you can customize - or you can use the free-form 3D sketching with the native SketchUP tools.

Therefore, PlusSpec is now ready and suitable for any country - and you can adapt it to whatever materials or construction methods that you use in your country/region/practice. With PlusSpec 2015, your imagination is your only boundary!

We will be putting up some more detailed tutorials about customization/creation of wall-types, framing, and materials in the coming weeks. Please keep an eye on our Tutorials: https://plusspec.com/tutorials-splash.html, and subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/rubysketch

We are still in the process of incorporating real products from real suppliers around the world - so, if you have any suppliers that you would like to see added to our standard library - please do not hesitate to provide us with their details.

A full list of improvements in our first official release: PlusSpec 2015, will be posted in our Blog.
Drew

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion and Questions