Scissor truss

Hi Guys,
How would I draw scissor trusses or different types of trusses in PlusSpec for pricing?
Thanks
Myles

Hi Myles,

Thank you for your post.

At the moment, since we don’t have scissor trusses in the Truss Tool, I would recommend to create the truss(es) using native SketchUp tools then use the PlusSpec BIM Tool to add the estimating information to it.

Would you be able to please let me know if this works for you?

Hi Grant.
Thanks for the reply.
In coming releases will there be an option for different truss types?
Thanks
Myles

Hi Myles,

In PlusSpec 17 (which was released a few days ago) there wasn’t any additions to the Truss Tool but we have been speaking about doing some updates to the tool. It hasn’t been confirmed yet when this will be done but I believe it might be done sometime this year.

What are some other truss types you use?

Hey, Miles, there are thousands of different truss types. If you have to create a special set of trusses that we do not have you can make a particular set of trusses “unique” at the base level of the component and then alter the geometry, it does take a bit of work. You can use the beam tool to create new webs if that helps. Remember that PlusSpec is not engineering the trusses, I assume that you need them to create section details, you can also simply create a mask in Layout and draw in what you require, it may be quicker?
creating scissor trusses in Sketchup and PlusSpec.png

Thanks