roofs and dormers

Post your discussions and questions about PlusSpec here.

Moderator: Daniel

roofs and dormers

Postby lacaca » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 pm

HI there, I have been through the various tutorials, and am trying to make a roof that should totally be possible, but I can't get it. The main roof is 9:12, intersecting roof is 12:12. The little dormers are 9:12 and are higher than the eave, the big one on the front (top here) is actually 14:12 and lines up at the eave. I make various changes (each of which seems quite laborious) and just end up getting very distorted roof lines.

I would also like to have different overhangs on the 2 main roofs so their eaves line up. Is that possible?

I'm hoping the picture I've attached helps to visualize...

Thanks,
lacaca

Re: roofs and dormers

Postby Zach » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Good Day lacaca,

Thanks for posting.

You mentioned you attached an image to you post, however we cannot see this. Could you please send me an image of what you are trying to achieve to zach@rubysketch.com so I can take a look at this further?

Regarding the different overhangs for a hip roof, all overhangs for the roof will be the same size unless its a gable. There are ways to do this, such as manual editing & drawing separate roofs, and there should be some video tutorial which will show you the process by clicking the following link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_je7dD7rzFsHPoIg5Fzx0cYklVA_Qe_r

Thanks!
Zach
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion and Questions