Editing windows / doors

Hi,
This is about bulk editing Windows and doors.
In a project, clients often want different options for their windows (eg. double glazing,or architraves…), and when this happens, it is usually for every window on the project.

It would be very handy to have a window schedule button where properties of every window/door could be gathered and modified.
There would be a set of default options for all windows in the project and then the possibility to modify each window individually. Even the type of opening, size and position of the window could be edited there.

The cherry on the cake: that window schedule would then be a live object to insert in layout… :stuck_out_tongue:

This would be an awesome feature. What do you think?

Thanks,
Rem

Hi Rem,

Thank you for your post. I will take you suggestion back to the development team for further discussion and agree that it would be a pretty awesome feature to have.

There is a way at the moment where you are able to edit multiple windows or doors at one time that are in the same wall. If you go to the Edit Window/Door Tool and hold either Ctrl (for Windows) or Command (for Mac) then click on the windows or doors you wish to edit you will then be able to edit/change all these to the same options, values and materials once you click submit.

Would you be able to please let me know if this works for you?

Hi Grant, thanks for your reply.
:opening-options: + Ctrl definitely works for me.

I don’t seem to be able to select more than 1 at a time. I use a Mac and have tried command, option, control, shift, fn none seem to select more than 1. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dawson

Hi Dawson,

When selecting multiple windows or doors you need to hold either Ctrl or Command (depending on your computer) before you click on the first window and before you click on any other window to add it to the selection.

Would you be able to please let me know if this works for you?

I like this idea from Rem, a window schedule tool, to edit properties on windows in bulk.
Especially useful for frame colour, glass type, frame size …
Naturally there are implementation hurdles, but gee this would be good

Hi John,

Thanks for re-raising this suggestion from Rem.

I’ll bring up the idea again with the team because I can definitely see how this could make the design workflow much faster!

Kind Regards,

Emily