Moving Plusspec License

If you have 2 Computers say one at work and the other at home it would be great to be able to disconnect license from the Work Computer when Shutting down Plusspec at work and then re attach your licence when you get home. The license is only used by one person at any time. This removes the necessity of loading on to a laptop and carrying around with you.

Often the Laptops have smaller screens and don’t have the processing power of desktops.

Hi,

Currently this is not possible. I will take this down as a suggestion for future releases :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Dean

Hi All,

I agree, the ability to be able to run PlusSpec on both a Desktop and Laptop under the one license would be a great feature and one I’m sure the large majority of professional users would appreciate. I have communicated with Andrew re this scenario earlier in the year and suggested a scheme similar to how Adobe have implemented the creative Cloud in which a user can activate and deactivate their license on differing computers.

Zorro

Hi Guys,

I will talk with the others and grab there thoughts. Thank you for the suggestions again.

Kind Regards
Dean

I agree with these post as well as the similar ones on North America forum re ‘floating licence’
It limits personal use on a laptop and makes expanding usage in the office difficult.
I cant think of any other software we have used that doesn’t allow for this either on line or by using a USB key.
It would be good to know if anything on this is in the pipeline.
thanks
S

Hi Stephen,

I will have to get back to you on this as I have not been told anything. Thank you for supporting the matter.

Kind Regards
Dean

is it possible to do it with the reset machine button? does it work?
it is absolutely necessary to have a floating licence nowadays. I work at 2 offices in two different cities and at home…

Hi,

Yes it is possible to do using the reset machine button but the reset machine button will only work once every 30 days.

Kind Regards
Dean