Roof framing tool

It appears tht when you draw existing roof framing on an existing roof these items show up in yr BOM, There is no option under framing for existing/demo. I initially assumed if you using an existing roof the framing would be existing, there is also no manual override for this. This is a great tool but when you need to tie into existing structure it then becomes difficult to separate especially when it comes to take off.
regards

Hi,

You are correct in saying that there is no existing/demo for roof framing. This does not mean that it is not possible.

Currently the take-off will not read anything that is locked. So when you tick the ‘Existing’ box in the wall tool for example, all that happens is that PlusSpec automatically locks the wall and the wall can now not be edited and it will not be picked up on the take-off. So when you have roof framing that is existing, all you have to do is right-click on the roof framing and select ‘Lock’. This is the same as ticking an existing tick box.

We will implement an existing tick box for roof framing in the future.

Kind Regards
Dean

Tnkx for that, handy tip. I was using layers so now I only need to use layers for the demo part to control info in the take off.

bf

Hi,

using layers for demo is very effective. You can turn the layers off for an accurate take off of new materials.

Kind Regards
Dean