Wall tool options

I would love being able to switch between different placement options for walls. The default clockwise from outside face is easy enough to remember, but not always the most practical to draw from. It would be really cool to be able to reference inside edge of stud, or center of stud as well. Triple bonus points for an option to swap the clockwise/anti-clockwise direction of external/internal wall. The closest or best reference point isn’t always to the outside edge, or on the same side that would be drawn clockwise. US construction of interior walls are often (not always) drawn on plans with measurements to center of wall. This brings up a second (maybe bigger and too cumbersome) ask. What if the changes to thickness of lumber, or solid wall could be changed (in edit wall mode) with a constant center point, constant inside edge, or constant outside edge.

I know that for my first request, I could create an on center template with 2x4 and 2x6 guides to use as lines to draw from, but it feels like there is something more simple that could be done.

Hi jtays,

Thank you for your post.

There are two ways to change the drawing position & direction of walls, which I’ve outlined below.

1. Right-arrow = Allows you to change what point the wall is drawn from (i.e. pitching point, innermost side, outermost side, etc) and will cycle through all the options. By default it’ll always be the pitching point of the wall. Note: There currently isn’t an option to draw from the center point of the wall/stud.
  2. Insert = Allows the wall two be drawn anticlockwise. By default it’ll always be clockwise.

Regarding redrawing walls after changing sizes, they will always redraw from the pitching point so that all structure will still align & save having to reposition/align the walls to suit (i.e. roof & floor structure).

It’s good that I found this thread, I just needed an answer, I had a question like this, thank you.

It’s good you got your answer quickly; we encourage others to answer questions as well. Happy Easter Ciara

wall drawing position in PlusSpec PlusDesignBuild and PlusArchitect.gif

1. Standard drawing position is: outside of wall frame drawing clockwise
  2. To draw in the opposite direction, use the Insert Key (PC) Fn Key (MAC)
  3. Change the drawing position using the right arrow key. This will enable you to draw from the inside of the wall, outside of the cladding and inside of the cladding (outside cavity in veneer walls).