Block walls

Post your suggestions about PlusSpec here

Moderator: Daniel

Re: Block walls

Postby Dean » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:50 am

We will test this out andrew and see what the other guys in the office think and see if they agree.

Thank you everyone for replying to this post. It means a lot, we can see that you guys are behind us and want the best for PlusSpec. Keep the great posts up and we will keep improving.

Thanks,
Dean
Dean
PlusSpec Developer

Postby StudioAware » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:24 pm

PlusSpec is amazing! But what is more amazing is how open to ideas and suggestions the PlusSpec team are. Due to this (as well as the quality of the program), PlusSpec will only go from strength to strength!

Keep up the great work guys, and thanks for listening!

Regards,

Drew
StudioAware

Postby andrewc » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Guys, Any more movement on this being changed to 200mm rather than 190mm?
Cheers,
Andrew
andrewc

Postby StudioAware » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:02 pm

andrewc wrote:Guys, Any more movement on this being changed to 200mm rather than 190mm?

Hi Andrewwc,

Personally, I think that it should remain unchanged (and show the actual 190mm). I think that it would be a problem to diverge from actual material thicknesses!
Last edited by StudioAware on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StudioAware

Postby StudioAware » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm

In my opinion, all materials should be shown at actual material thicknesses. The drawings need to be correct - and reflect accurate structural and material thicknesses. If trades have a particular way of rounding up/down/etc, they are entitled to do so. As what Andrew Dwight stated, a block layer can add 100mm, but it isn't actually correct. From an architectural point-of-view, I need the walls and materials to be accurate on my drawings. The trades can simply adjust these drawings as per the methodology of the area (country, state, etc).

This is why this thread diverged slightly, in discussing the possibility of showing the structural as well as finished thicknesses of walls.
StudioAware

Postby andrewc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:27 am

I agree with you, mate. For all elements other than blockwork. It just won't work in area of high use of blockwork. Builders/Blockies get the ***** with me if I produce a set of plans dimensioning 190 block....
Cheers,
Andrew
andrewc

Previous

Return to Suggestions